I have been part of this list before but am now joining the list in a
different context.  I am a graduate student at Princeton Theological
Seminary.  My primary interest is in monastic history, particularly double
monasteries of the twelfth century.  I completed my undergraduate thesis on
Gilbertine communities and got some great ideas for that thesis from this
list (a belated thank you to everyone). I am also interested in perceptions
of death and death rituals and notions of wilderness.  Recently, I spent a
month at a Carmelite monastery and compared their contemporary understanding
of wilderness with that of their Carmelite fathers.