But author's affiliations aren't just contact addresses, they're often
an indication (the only indication?) of the institutions which were
associated with the work which is being reported.  As such they are
significant to the assessment of whether the document is a "must read"
or "could be interesting" or even, for the prejudiced reader, "forget
it" - especially when there's a price attached to reading it.  So there
would be a real loss of information if the link between document and
affiliation-at-the-time-of-writing was lost.  And if doing anything in
document metadata has to wait on the establishment of comprehensive
authority systems for person metadata - which must ultimately be the
"right" way to do it - it may have to wait quite a long time.  Doesn't
it come down to ensuring that there's a datestamp attached to the
affiliation, or indeed to any address information anywhere in any
metadata scheme?

David

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Alex Satrapa
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David Martin
Tel +44 (0)181 892 2272