Simon, et al.:

I have read David's elucidations (thank you David) but still resist the
notion of "tranformative" as a definitional term related to event.

I appreciate the difficulty of creating definitions, and I appreciate it
all the more as I have received feedback from a growing number of
students of the Dublin Core who express difficulties with the
definitions of the basic 15 elements.

I think we can describe events as "occurrences" and leave off the notion
of "transformational."

Now, if you want to give examples--separate from the definition--then
some of them may illustrate "transformational" events.

To say that, because a museum object participated in an exhibition, it
has been transformed by the event does not sit well with my simple,
common, everyday understanding of language.

Any thoughts from others?

--Erik
The clearer and less ambiguous the definition, the more difficult it is
to create.  Toward these ends, however, I urge