On Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:24:57 +0200 Thomas Muhr - Scientific
Software Development <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> At 09:46 30.06.98 -0300, you wrote:
> >I was looking for some reference of book or article about grounded theory
> >written in Portuguese, Spanish or Italian. I  have had no answers, then, I
> >suppose there is no known text on this subject written in or translated to
> >that languages.
> >If it is true, does any one know some reference about grounded theory in
> >French?
> >Thank you for any suggestions.
> >
> >Prof. Dr. Ronaldo Baltar
> >Departamento de Ciências Sociais
> >Universidade Estadual de Londrina
> >Paraná - Brasil
> >
> Just a few ideas for finding out about Spanish texts:
> * start to browse through related web articles using "teoría fundamentada"
> as a search term. I am confident you will find connections to Spanish
> speaking colleagues who may know if and where you can find a Spanish
> translation or articles (dissertations etc.).
> * contact he publishers of the original books (Aldine, Cambridge University
> Press, Sage) to find out about Spanish translations
> * post a message to the ATLAS-TI list, as there are several Spanish users
> who are likely to use or at least know about GT
>
> - Thomas

Something else about Grounded Theory in Spanish:
Last year I started looking first for the translation of
the word into Spanish and second for articles or books in
Spanish.
I spoke to some Spanish visiting professors in my school
and they told me that the traslation of the word is :
Teoria Emergente.And there were not books but there were
articles about it.I couldn't get the articles because I
went to Peru for several months. However, I will continue
with my search and of course I will let you know. I am very
interested in finding those articles  because I give
lectures (on qualitative methodology) in Peru.

Violeta perez del  Aguila
CARE
School of Education and Professional Development
University of East Anglia
Norwich NR4 7TJ