Couple of  questions:
1)  Some of the responses make me wonder if I am correctly understanding
what we mean by networked resource.  My assumption has been that, loosely
speaking,  it is an electronic resource, accessible in it's entirety on
line.
2)  All things being equal, DC could support off-line resources relatively
effortlessly.  Even if a resource isn't digitized I can still reference it,
and more importantly, record metadata about it - thus empowering people and
search agents to discover it:

DC.Title = "Weibel,  Stu"
DC.Type = "Physical Object"
DC.Identifier = "http://www.oclc.org:5047/~weibel/" SCHEME="URL"
DC.Identifier = "[log in to unmask]" SCHEME = "Email Address"
DC.Subject = "Dublin Core, Metadata, OCLC, IETF, HTML, URI, IW3C2, ALCTS,
..."
DC.Date = "nnnn-nn-nn /" (Stu's Birthday)

Without understanding the underlying issues it would seem that the only
thing we would need to do to make it clean is add a type of "Person".

If we want DC to be ubiquitous, shouldn't we allow it do as much as it can
(without compromising it, of course)?

The up side is wider use and acceptance.  What is the down side? (Please be
gentle ... I'm a relative newbie.)

pete