> Subject:       Re: Focus group equipment
> From:          Andrea Litva <[log in to unmask]>

> I have a super wizzy tape recorder (the same one used by
> journalists) with two excellent microphones and the best bit of advice
> I can give is be sure to place the microphones on something soft (eg.
> carpeting).  You will get a much better sound than if you just place
> them on a hard surface.

Foam is good if you don't have mic. stands.  You can usually get
little bits free from any kind of upholstery place/foam shop that you
can cut into whatver shape you like.  Then place on table and away
you go.

Bruce Mason, thrift tip of the day
Bruce Mason, SOCAS, UWC.
Research Associate: Hypermedia and Ethnography
Email me <[log in to unmask]> for more information about this project
or check the following url:
http://www.cf.ac.uk/uwcc/socas/research/hyper/