Is there a logical explanation for the dating of "Martial" to the mid 3rd
century while traditions claim him for the first (or perhaps early second)
century? Its not the first time such an inconsistency has emerged in these
materials, but this one seems so blatant. Are we dealing with the mixing
of traditions concerning two different persons (whether historically
identifiable or not)?

Bob
new office address: 227 Logan Hall (Philadelphia PA 19104-6304)