Date:          Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:34:26 +0100 (BST)
From:          Mailbase Helpline <[log in to unmask]>
To:            George FERZOCO <[log in to unmask]>
Cc:            Helpline Distribution List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       re: ADMIN spam

Hello,

Mailbase is no longer accepting any messages from geocities.com

Geocities.com is a site which supplies free email accounts, and yesterday
[log in to unmask] joined ALL the open Mailbase lists (that's about
1,400 lists).  We removed the address and complained to geocities.

Last night the same user resubscribed to all the Mailbase lists from a
different account ([log in to unmask]) and this time they managed to send
spam to Mailbase lists.

In order to stop this happening again Mailbase will be refusing all
messages from geocities.com We will be emailing all the legitimate users
of Mailbase with a geocities.com address to explain the situation and
apologise for any inconvenience

George Ferzoco                   tel ++  44  (0)116  252 2654
Director of Italian Studies      fax ++  44  (0)116  252 3633
University of Leicester          e-mail  [log in to unmask]
School of Modern Languages
LEICESTER LE1 7RH UNITED KINGDOM