We are back with those naughty nuns: I am writing up my conference
paper on Cistercian women in Wales for a volume of essays based on
the conference. The discussion on this list was illuminating and a
great help to Jane Cartwright and myself. The impression we got was
that there was plenty of satirical verse about the immoral behaviour
of nuns but no examples outside the Welsh tradition of lyric poetry
addressed directly to nuns inciting them to break their vows. Is this
a correct impression - or does anyone know of other references e.g.
in the courtly love tradition?

The main purpose of this posting is that I would like to acknowledge
the discussion in my references to the article. Is there a formula
for doing so?

Maddy