Carol A. Cole wrote:

> Count me as another appreciator of Bill East's (and others') patient and
> informative responses to what may sometimes seem inappropriately basic
> questions.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the "Renihan series."  So long as list
> members are willing to provide such help, why not?  Regardless of whether
> the original questioner appreciates the responses (and maybe most of them
> do, who knows?), others surely will.

Carol,

I don't wish to imply that I did not appreciate Bill's postings (and all
the others as well), nor do I feel list members should be discouraged
from making this kind of response if they should wish. As I said
previously, this query was in itself of considerable interest. George's
concern, however, is natural for a list owner, who ultimately is
responsible for the health and welfare of the list. Unlike many list
owners, George kindly took the opportunity provided to solicit our
opinions, rather than imposing restrictions (see for example RomArch, a
list with no problems of this sort, and very little activity of any
kind!).

Ron

--
Dr. Ronald A. Ross