George and all--
I'm sure young Mr. Renihan left the list, if not a wiser person than
he came to it, at least with some idea of how to proceed with his
project and possibly with some notion of what scholarly cooperation
(and enthusiasm) can mean.  I know I enjoyed the responses, and when
I felt I'd had enough, I just used the delete key.  I do know that
differing agendas and levels of expertise can cause problems on a
list, but so far I don't think that's the case here (and a big thank
you, George, for your tact and vigilance in trying to improve upon
the questions!).

>From a devoted lurker, one vote for continuing as we have . . .
In lush and very steamy east central Illinois (home of Flatlands U,
for those of you who know Jim Marchand)--
Pat