Good day!

Perhaps there is a fairly simple way to respond to Mr Renihan and his
peers.

I tend to think that the questions asked on this list are not the major
determinant of the quality of discourse among us.  The answers are.

I replied to Mr Renihan at length off-list.  I replied off-list because
what I had to say did not qualify as scholarly discussion.  (I suggested
Mr Renihan might get on better if he narrowed his question, and I tried to
show ways in which he might reduce his question to a more workable form.)
A number of us replied on-list with material appropriate to our dis-
cussions here, and we all gained from those posts.

I think what I am trying to say is that, since we consider what we wish to
say before we post, we shall be able to decide whether to reply on- or
off-list and thus to meet the needs of Mr Renihan and his many peers while
maintaining the quality of our discussion.

After all, to whom shall I turn if we no longer entertain dumb questions?

Pax.

Frank

Frank Morgret
15 Towering Hts -- #1206