Denis,

I think you are on to something here.  Perhaps, given all the other
demands on our time we could possibly submit much shorter papers for
discussion (than in a traditional academic conference) -- perhaps even
something that would only take five or ten
minutes to deliver verbally, something that was suggestive rather than
definitive.  For example there was a poem in last weekend' Independent
about gardens which suggests the tensions between order and chaos -- the
garden is the voice of the poem and asks the gardener to leave its chaos
and `overgrown-ness' alone.  Something like this would be a good point
of entry to some of the discussions we've had about `nature' and order.

Also, something like this would encourage discussion, which
presumably we would want to focus on anyway.

Count me in.

regards

rhys evans
School For Policy Studies