I have a question re: precautions for an orthopedic shoulder patient.  I
evaluated a man today whose symptoms began as weakness 3 weeks ago.  He
went to his family practitioner who tested his shoulder.  Following
testing the man had extensive bruising across the pectoralis major and
down the biceps and into the forearm, reminding me of some ankle sprain
patients I have seen.  He definitely has a posterior cuff tear, but I am
concerned about the bruising.  What could have caused it in this
atraumatic event and what precautions should I use if any in treating
this gentleman?  He is not using any blood thinning medication.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Rich Fairbanks