Hi,
Is anyone out there familiar with the Western Ontario and McMaster
Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC)?  I am trying to find some
sort of user manual or at least a document that gives the scoring
system. I have a couple of articles from 1988 by Bellamy and Buchanan
et al that investigate the validity of the index but I believe there
is a more recent guide to its usage.

Specifially I am trying look at the differences between the Likert
and visual analogue scoring systems. We have two different studies in
this hospital using the index but one uses Likert and one uses VAS.
Can they be compared?

If anyone has used this tool then I would love to hear from them.

Judith Lane
Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery,
University of Edinburgh,
Clinical Research Unit,
Princess Margaret Rose Orthopaedic Hospital,
Edinburgh.
Tel: 0131 536 4806
e-mail: [log in to unmask]