At 17:25 13/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
>This for the Supple Doctor,
>        Granted in M.A. there were many uses.  It is not the case though
>that the use of Rome was restricted to Rome.  The 11th c. missal I quoted
>from was from Tours, where the ordinaries were identical with those of
>Rome.  Just to take an example the ordinary for Wednesday of second week in
>Lent in Sarum rite is identical with that of Rome.  Look it up.  If you
>would like a copy of my article just send your snail-mail address.
>                                Joe Pope
>
>Thank you.  Yes, perhaps to limit the Roman Missal to the Diocese of Rome is to
overstate my point a little.  But of course the uniformity in liturgy which
we now
take for granted was inconceivable before the invention of printing.  If one
wanted
to know exactly what was done at Rome, or Jerusalem, the only sure way was to
make a pilgrimage and see.  I wonder if you know Eamonn O Carragain's fine
Jarrow
Lecture, "The City of Rome and the World of Bede" (1994).

I would love a copy of your article.  My snailie is 3 Tennent Road, Acomb,
York, YO2 3HQ.

Bill.