Disclosure Arne M. Christensen, Roskilde University Denmark

I am a Research Fellow in the Geography Department at Roskilde
University, Denmark. I work within the research group: European Urban
and Regional Studies
I am working on a PhD-projet about the changes in planning and policy
making in European cities. I am doing a study on the specific changes
that is going on in Copenhagen. I am especially looking in to the
experiment with decentralisation of power to City District Councils that
the municipality of Copenhagen is carrying out right now. Four
districts has been selected and elections has been held. The councils
started their work the first of January 97. The tendency to on one side
to decentralise power when dealing with schools, social and cultural
matters and on the other side focus on the city as a region when it
comes to economic and infrastructure matters, is a tendency that can
be identified in Copenhagen and in other European cities. Others are
focusing on the regional question. I try to focus on the question
about public involvement as a tool for positive urban development.

I am a former(?) political activist on the left (far left) wing. I
tend to think that my research and my work as a teacher means that i
am still doing a little difference...

Arne M. Christensen

European Urban and Regional Development Studies
at the Department of Geography
Roskilde University
Building 21.1
Mailbox 260