**Disclosure of Members Interests on the Critical Geography Forum**

As list administrator, I would like to suggest that Forum members
begin the new year by disclosing some basic information of who
they are, with an emphasis perhaps on research/community/
political interests.

Some of us already know one another, but with a membership of
approximately 300 people, and growing, the benefits of this
exercise appear to me to be obvious. Aside from encouraging
communication between members, a general disclosure can
"populate" the forum and make it a friendlier place in which to
engage in discussion.

If this idea is generally taken up, I would also suggest that in
future all new members who join the forum be encouraged to
introduce themselves in a similar manner.

Disclosure of this sort is already a common piece of net-
etiquette in use in other discussion lists.

If you decide to go ahead, please phrase the title of your email
submission as follows:

"Disclosure [Name], [Institution]"

for example

Disclosure Karl Marx, Swansea FC

This will allow members to filter these messages in their mail
boxes with ease.  This format will also assist in collation of
the information on members interests for display on _Critical
Geography Forum On-Line_, the new web-site for the list in
preparation.

I hope members find this suggestion worthwhile and that
everybody's day, evening, morning is going fine.

Denis Linehan

Dr. Denis Linehan
Geography Department
University of Wales Swansea