From: FIDDLER A
To: kay53
Subject: RE: re CUTG
Date: 22 September 1998 09:25

[Hope this will also be of interest to other interested WIGS members}

Hello
Just got your mail to WIGS forum.  Sorry you've not had any joy - were you
perhaps mailing Pat, our ex membership sec?  Helen Jones (University College
of Lancashire, Preston) is the new membership secretary, so I'll make sure
to email your enquiry on to her.  (Her address: [log in to unmask])
Helen's on the WIGS list, too, so she'll probably pick this up.  Next year's
conference is in Keele (13-15 Sept), a volume of papers based on the
conference is published.  You can mail me if you have any general queries or
ideas re. the conference, or you can mail one of the strand co-ordinators
with an offer of a paper (by January 1999).
For lit papers: Steve Giles (Middlesex) or Brigid Haines (Swansea:
for language or linguistics papers: Chris Hall (Leicester):
[log in to unmask] or Sally Johnson (Lancaster):
for media, institutions, politics etc. contact Daniela Berghahn (Oxford
Brookes): [log in to unmask]  or Holger Briel (Surrey):

Incidentally, all  German departments in G.B. and Ireland should recently
have received from Helen our annual request for  list of current members of
staff and information about membership etc.  Can you all do a bit of
checking up on your HoDs; it really is important that we get up-to-date info
(and information uberhaupt).

Thanks
Allyson

(Allyson Fiddler, German Studies, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YN,
Conference Secretary, CUTG)