Apologies for cross posting.
---------
SCET is delighted to invite you to participate in an online conference
"The Dawn of the Learning Age" from Monday 2 November until Friday 13
November 1998.  This online event is free and is centred around the
main themes of our major conference taking place in Glasgow on 4-5
November.  These themes are:

* Learning in the Information Age
* Preparing 21st Century Educators
* Creating Educational Content for Learning Networks

Register Now for your FREE place on our Online Conference
*
Register for the conference at http://www.conference.scet.com/ and play
a part in informing and shaping the debate on one of the key issues of
the new millennnium.

The online conference uses a Web-based learning environment developed
by SCET that includes:

* Discussion forums on the main themes outlined above.
Speakers and delegates have the opportunity to carry on discussions on
the key issues.  Starter papers will be available for some of these
themes.  These are intended to provide some food for thought.

* Live interactive chat sessions with delegates and speakers
A number of real-time chats will be scheduled and speakers will be
invited to participate in these.

* Live video from keynote sessions
See our first class speakers in action as they present their conference
keynotes.  The range of keynote speakers is outstanding and include
Professor Bob Fryer (University of Southampton), Chris Yapp (ICL),
Professor Stephen Heppell (Ultralab), Dr Vincent Lowe (Smart Schools
Project) and Professor Nigel Paine (SCET).

* C@feWeb
A social discussion forum to meet and discuss informally.

*Soundbytes and spotlights
During the conference SCET staff and college media students will be
interviewing delegates and speakers, taking photographs of conference
and exhibition activity and highlighting individuals at the conference.

--
SCET
Tel: +44 (0) 141 337 5000