Dear SPM,

This is Jeng-Ren Duann from Lab. of Functional Brain Imaging of Veterans General Hospital - Taipei. We are now trying the fMRI analysis with event-related module. There are many problems occurred during the process. We have designed a paradigm with single trial (one trial type only) according to the design in the paper of Josephs (1997). The interscan interval is 2 secs, there are 15 scans during one trial, and the trial is repeated for 8 times. We tried to analyze the data with event-related module of Fourier sequences harmonics, but we did not know how to set the parameter for every field appropriately. Can you give us an example for the parameter setting when we use the Fourier sequences harmonics? In addition, what is the physical meanings of the basis function of Fourier sequences harmonic analogized to the brain system? And what's the occasion for us to apply this module in the ER-fMRI data?

Sincerely,

Jeng-Ren Duann
Lab. of Functional Brain Imaging, Veterans General Hospital - Taipei,
& Inst. of Applied Physics, Chung Yuan University, Chungli,
Taiwan, R.O.C.
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or  [log in to unmask]
Tel: (886)2-2875-7480
Fax: (886)2-2875-7612