We are about to advertise for a senior educational developer to replace Liz
Barnett who has just joined LSE as their senior teaching and learning
support officer. The advertisement should appear in THES this week. I have
reproduced it below but not the further particulars which are available
from the University of Southampton's Personnel department.  I'd be happy to
talk to people informally about what the job involves.

Educational Development Co-ordinator and Assistant Director (Teaching
Support and Media Services)

The Interactive Learning Centre (ILC) within TSMS exists to enhance the
quality and efficiency of teaching and learning across the University, and
to support and promote educational development and innovation, including
the effective use of teaching and learning technologies.  Based in the ILC,
you will take a lead role in managing and delivering the University’s
teaching and learning development programmes, facilitating educational
development and innovation at all levels of the system, providing support
for teaching quality assessment, and promoting and disseminating good
practice.  You will also undertake and oversee research and development
projects, contribute to relevant University committees and policy
initiatives, and provide appropriate management support to the Director.

You will be an honours graduate, preferably with a higher degree, with
experience of teaching and research.  You will be able to develop and
deliver effective educational and academic staff development programmes,
have experience of educational consultancy and an understanding of current
issues in higher education.  You will also have excellent communication,
interpersonal and IT skills combined with effective management and
administrative skills.

The post is available for two years in the first instance and appointment
will be made within the Other Related Grade 4 or 5 grade, depending on
skills and experience.

Dr Haydn Mathias, Director
Teaching Support & Media Services
University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK
Tel:01703 593785, Fax:01703 593005
Email:[log in to unmask], WWW: http://www.tsms.soton.ac.uk/