Thanks for the heads-up on the new copper book. Perhaps the Net is the
place to have authors ask for obscure bits of info about their subject
before the publication notice. For instance, when Gordon's American Iron
was in production, I wish I had known because there are parts of the
book which relied on outdated info. The Belle Isle Ironworks was in
production far earlier than Bruce thought and I have done fairly
extensive work on the place. Also, relative to copper, I found an
obscure reference to a copper mine on the VA/NC border which may have
been an 18th century operation which the author may have found useful,
but it's too late now.

What about it, authors, can you cast your queries on the waters and weed
out the chaff from the wheat, to completely mix metaphors. Is the Net an
appropriate place to do it, but also, are there problems with sources,
etc. that perhaps I'm naively considering available?

Lyle