INTERNATIONAL  CONFERENCE

ON

T H E   E T H I C S   O F   T H E   I M A G E

An international conference on The Ethics of the Image will be held at the
Haute Ecole d'arts appliques, Vevey, Switzerland, October 8-9, 1998.

The aim of this conference is to review the history and the current state
of
the ethical dimension of the creation of images, to examine critically the
existing relationship between ethics and images in the broadest sense, from
paparazzi to image manipulation, from press or commercial images to works
of
art,  and to provide an international forum for an exchange of ideas on
these
subjects. The conference is intended for professors, researchers,
students, as
well for artists, art directors, journalists or other professionals with an
interest in the ethics of the visual communication.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGES: English and French

Information:
Radu Stern
Deputy director
Ecole d'arts appliques