Hello to the listserv:

My name is Kimberly Moffitt and I am a graduate student of mass
communications at Howard University in Washington, D.C.  USA.  I will be
travelling to the UK during the weeks of Dec. 27th - Jan. 7th.  I am
interested in connecting with other scholars of mass communication who
either may have interest or have resources to assist me with my dissertation
research.  My topic is a comparative analysis of how the American and
British media portray their Black male athletes.

I have been successful in coordinating meetings and telephone calls with
such scholars as Ben Carrington of Chelsea School (University of Brighton),
Annabelle Serberny-Mohammadi of the Centre for Mass Comm. Research
(University of Leicester) and Colin Sparks of University of Westminster).
The UK seems to be blessed with an array of scholars in the field of
cultural studies, so I know there must be others I could contact.

If any of the members of this listserv know of any one I may contact or any
of you that may be interested in my topic, I would greatly appreciate a
response.

Thank you,

Kimberly R. Moffitt

telephone 202.806.6711 or 202.636.8114
email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]