I have had an enquiry regarding rehabilitation centres for miners and
heavy industry injuries. There used to be eight or so such centres. My
enquirer wants to know whether they still exist or what they have
evolved into and whether there are any rehabilitation centres that are
also orthopaedic centres. She knows the name of some of the former
centres for miners and heavy industry injuries which are; Tally Garn
(Cardiff) which used to be run by remedial gymnasts, Firbeck
(Lancashire) and Hermitage (Durham). Can anyone help me with what
has become of these and other rehabilitation centres for miners and
heavy industry injuries? Or point me to a source where I might be able to
find this information?

Thanks in anticipation.

Caroline Miller
Information Officer