Further to last week's announcement of the new EDINA CAB Abstracts
service, we are delighted to be able to offer a free trial to UK higher
education until 31st January '99.

To try it out go to
			http://edina.ed.ac.uk/cab/

The annual licence fee for CAB Abstracts via EDINA will be:

Agricultural College or Institution with Agricultural Faculty:
	Data fee for 8 concurrent  users	stlg 4,000
	Service fee			   	stlg   600
	Total 					stlg 4,600

Other HE Institutions
	Data fee for 4 concurrent  users	stlg 2,000
	Service fee 			  	stlg   600
	Total					stlg 2,600

VAT will be added to these fees.

The agreement covers the period from 1 January 1999 until 31 December
2001.

Further details are available at http://edina.ed.ac.uk/cab/

> From January 1999 EDINA will provide online access to CAB Abstracts
> for higher education institutions throughout the UK and Ireland. The
> service will be offered in conjunction with Ovid Technologies.
>
> Compiled by CAB International, CAB Abstracts covers the significant
> research and development literature in the fields of agriculture,
> forestry, aspects of human health, human nutrition, animal health and
> the management and conservation of natural resources.  The familiar
> interface from Ovid allows users to search over a wide range of
> fields, browse fields, map to a list of subject headings, view all
> subject headings containing a specific term, and much more.
>
> Further details about the new service and a free trial are available
> now:  see http://edina.ed.ac.uk/cab/

EDINA					      URL: http://edina.ed.ac.uk
Edinburgh University Data Library                    Tel:  0131 650 3302
Main Library Building, George Square                 Fax:  0131 650 3308
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ                                 Email:  [log in to unmask]