Hello friend

I have just recently joined this mailing list and would like to have brief
information about the following questions which are frequently asked by
students of forestry.  Being a teacher of forestry I need the answers to
transmit the knowledge to the students.

1. Why do plants growing in dry areas have thorns. Moreover, why do
flowering plants like rose etc also have thorns.

2. Why do some trees shed leaves annually and other trees do not.

3. What thing guides the migratory birds and fishes to follow the same
route year after year. And what are the major bird migratory routes accross
the world.

4. Can you supply me the names of famous political leaders of the world who
are known environmentalists and their major contributions in this area, if
any.

5. Why do conifer tree species have needle like leaves and not normal
leaves.

Thankyou in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Ghayyas Ahmad