The following is an open e-mail to anybody in a 'Northern University '
interested in Information Systems teaching and research.  Please reply
to either Dr Donal Flynn <[log in to unmask]> or David Wainwright

Please feel free to forward this message to anybody else who might be
interested.

To members of UKAIS, NUKAIS, NISG and anybody interested in Information
Systems teaching and research.
   Group (NISG)
c) a 'friend' of the two above interest groups for Information Systems
d) or anybody who is interested in IS research and teaching

In my role as the northern regional convenor for UKAIS (NUKAIS) I am
trying to ascertain who might comprise our official and unofficial
interest group in Information Systems.  We have a Web presence for
NUKAIS and will shortly have an email list facility for UKAIS members
and also 'friends' of UKAIS.  The purpose of this list is not to sell
you double glazing (although it might be an idea now that winter is
coming) but purely as a forum for networking amongst the IS academic and
student community.  We will place information pertaining to the UKAIS
seminars and events and also NISG events as there is usually a large
degree of overlapping interest.

First, we must build up an up to date list however.  Dr Donal Flynn at
UMIST has kindly agreed on the behalf of NUKAIS to compile this list and
pass it on to Dr Laurence Brookes at York where it will be activated on
the NUKAIS web site for participants to use.  This can be found at:

http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/nukais/

So, I am asking all UKAIS committee representatives to forward this
message to any existing or prospective members within their own
institutions.  The same message also applies to NISG members with the
aim of compiling the 'friends' of UKAIS mailing list.

If you are interested in being placed on the list, please email:

 Dr Donal Flynn        [log in to unmask]

Please state your full name, institution and whether you are a UKAIS
member, NISG member or just interested in the world of Information
Systems teaching and research.

May I thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Kind Regards,
Dr David Wainwright
Durham University Business School
(Northern Regional Convenor for UKAIS)

                             Chris Kimble,
        Department of Computer Science,  University of York,
                   Heslington,  York, YO1 5DD,  UK.

tel:+44 1904 433380, fax:+44 1904 432767 email:[log in to unmask]

           Home page: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~kimble

        NISG: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~kimble/nisg/nisg.html