Ummm, so far the topic has only looked at firm's and as usual the
consumer is left out pretty much.  The fact is that virtually every
entity in the economy pollutes.  The individual, the firm, and
governments.  And yes, all firms engage in some level of pollution.
Even something as benign as a daycare center generates pollution.  All
the diapers, and baby wipes, and paper, etc.  Not too mention the
construction of the actual building itself.  In addition to the
production of diapers, baby wipes, paper, etc.  Now if you are talking
about some sort of illegal dumping of toxic waste, or flagrant
violation of say air quality standards that is a different issue (to a
certain extent).  But to say pollution is a criminal activity, such a
vague statement means that you, me, everyone on the list, and
virtually everyone in the world is to varying degrees guilty of the
crime of polluting.

Steve