This is a second call as I understand that many of you were away from the
‘office’ when the first call went out in the summer. I apologise to those
who have already seen the call and responded. If you still don't know about
DISinHE then please visit our Web site at:

www.disinhe.ac.uk

Here at DISinHE we are interested in hearing from those people in the UK
Higher Education disability field who would like to be involved in various
case studies. An acceptable case study would be in receipt of funding of
which 50% would be paid up-front and 50% upon completion.

We have already had some interest from various parties; however we would be
particularly interested in the following areas of study.

-Guidelines to using technology in examinations.
-Guidelines on the use of computerised testing for dyslexia.
-Repetitive Strain Injury
-Netiquette for using email – including the do’s and don’t when emailing
disabled people
-Internal contact with students with a disability
-Audio description – accessory or accessibility / Conveying visual
information.
-Implications and Technology related to teaching students with Acquired
Brain Injury
-Making Library Resources accessible to people with disabilities

This is not an exhaustive list if you have an idea then please get in touch.

As a direct result of the consultation process that took place on 1st
October DISinHE  has decided to issue the following guidelines for those of
you wishing to partake in the call for case studies. Please ensure that you
address all eight points in your show of interest

What do want to offer?
Why do you see it is relevant?
Who will do it?
What credentials do you have for this work?
How long will it take?
How much do you think it will cost?
What is the ‘value added’ for the sector/individual?
How will you be presenting your report?

If when we look at your idea/s we may find that they are similar to another
institutions please state if you are willing to work collaboratively.

Should you be unsure of anything then please do call me and we will discuss
it further.

Ian Webb - Development Officer - DISinHE Centre
Tel: 01382 345598   Fax: 01382 345509
http://www.disinhe.ac.uk