David,

Just to put the record straight,

the student in question is not dyslexic, the student has mental health
difficulties.
The student has excellent I.T. skills and organizational skills, but has a
problem
with inputting via a keyboard due to her condition. The student will very
quickly and easily
learn to use voice input. Unfortunately we are only at this stage of the
final year
due to the LEA in question being very slow in responding to the student's
request for
DSA, and then asking for an explaination as to if someone with mental health
problems is fit
to study. The student in question has been granted an extension for
submission of dissertation
and is receiving good support from friends on the course and from tutors. I
appreciate this
would not always be the case, but I firmly believe on this occasion we have
arrived at the
best solution.

Merry Christmas,

Alex Larg