I'm not sure if this will help Claire, but.... people who are contracted
in to work with students at NTU are paid through our payroll office who
sort out tax insurance etc, but they are not employees. We also have
some individuals, interpreters usually who prefer to claim self employed
status, however, they do need to have registered with the tax office as
such. hope that helps a bit!
Chris Baxter
The Nottingham Trent University