I would agree with previous replies that noted that what is good practice for
disabled students is often good practice anyway.  As for a working definition that
you can wave in front of the tutors, how about:

"Students with disabilities may be or become disadvantaged by an educational
environment in which the provision of the curriculum and social resources are not
designed in such a way as to be optimally accessible."

To rectify such disadvantage it may be necessary to to provide modified access the
the curriculum.

Bryan Jones
Equal Opportunities Adviser
London Guildhall University.