> I am at present trying to develope our procedures for helping dyslexic
> students, I have been wading through old assessments that students have
> brought in that were carried out by an Ed. Psychologist more than (some
> only just!) two years ago. I know that these are not sufficient for LEA's
> and that these students need a new assessment but was wondering wether
> there was any chance of getting the LEA to pay for the assessment as it's
> purpose in this situation is not to establish that the disability exists
> but to re-assess needs etc. Does anyone have any experience (or any hints
> or tips) of this? I would be grateful of any information that will help me
> to be a bit more prepared.

You'd have no chance of getting the ones I know to pay. But if they
had any part in the original process you may well find them willing
to accept the case without a further diagnosis. As regards one that
is just over two years old most would not quibble. Even for an
eighteen to twenty year old student. For someone over thirty the
report could be older still.

Dave Laycock

Head of CCPD
Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London W1N 5AL

tel. 0171-911-5161