Hi  all

We are planning for enrolment again and are once again reviewing
means of identifying students with disabilities who are on campus,
mainly for emergency evacuation procedures  but also so that they can
get support in the library.

Our current ID system for both staff and students is a colour coded
ID card which also has an individualized bar code so that it can
be used in the library.  We cannot in the short term advance to a
smart card system but are considering modifying the current ID card
so that students can be identified for these purposes without the
whole world knowing.

I would welcome any other ideas or practices which are working well.

Thanks

Gillian  Malins
Student Adviser (disabilities)
University of Luton