I am also trying to decide on a Fortran 90 compiler for my
Pentium under Linux.  According to Michael Metcalf's "Fortran 90/95
Information", which was sent to this list some time ago, we have four
to choose from:   Absoft (www.absoft.com, $900); NAG (www.nag.co.uk, 595
pounds); NA Software (www.nasoftware.co.uk ,325 pounds); and PGI
(www.pgroup.com, $500).  If anyone can correct, or add to, this list
I'd like to hear from you.  At work, I mainly use DEC Alpha and IBM sp2
machines, and so what I'm trying to do is to mirror those environments,
as best I can, at home on my Linux PC.  I want to be able to take code
home from work and get it running quickly, with the absolute minimum of
modification and customization.  (Why don't IBM or DEC market their
compilers for Linux?)  The codes I'm working on are also a bit "nasty"
in that they liberally mix Fortran 77, Fortran 90/95, and sometimes C
source files, and often link to various special and/or standard
libraries.  My last requirement is a good graphical de-bugger which
can handle mixed language source code.

Any advice from Fortran 90 and/or Linux experts would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry Bingham

ICCH
Danish Hydraulic Institute
Agern Alle 5                      (45) 45 76 95 55
2970 Horsholm, Denmark            [log in to unmask]