Richard Weaver writes:

 > >> Is this normative text?  It's the "Note that" part that makes me uncertain.

 > Appreciated your comment.  I used to try and keep "Note that" out
 > of the drafts. The observation is that sentences in the standard
 > NOT needing "note that" can be deleted, and if every sentence has
 > "note that" then ....

 > Notable editors of future versions might note that.

Note that it has been noted.  Note that I generally agree with Dick on
this.  Note that a bunch of them were eliminated out in f95, but I
didn't go through and wholesale eliminate all of them them.  Note that
some still remain, but they tend to get reworded when other work is
being done on those sections.

--
Richard Maine