>word should not be invoked lightly.

ooo. sorry. me being irresponsible again? words should be lightly baked on
both sides.

I unreservedly accept Ric as big cheese on this list.

I was not suggesting that the list should do things that would not be
justifiable in academe.

I am suggesting that the nature of the beast means that it can
(justifiably) be something MORE useful academically if its nature is
understood from a perspective which is not constrained by the model of
previous paper academic publications. Maybe discussion of this
comparatively new means of publication/communication is not thought to be
useful on a list committed to POETRY. What are we doing here if not
exploring this new mode of interaction and its relation to the work and
lives of the poets who are here. We can publish articles elsewhere. We can
write open letters to each other elsewhere. We can chat in cafes elsewhere.
We are doing something different here.

Is the self imposition of this particular limit (I think it is - 'don't
talk about people behind their backs') the best way of running this
academic List? They potentially have access to it like any journal. Do we
have to check when we publish an article whether or not the people we refer
to have bought the issue?

It was an academic question.

I am responsible for the lightness with which I invoke words. You can hold
me to account. If I choose to invoke heavy words lightly, you can criticise
me. You have. Thank you.