JDW performed at The Klinker last night, after Roy + Steve, bass trumpets
and
drums and before Blow Crazy

He shared he spot with Ian McLachlan, musician; or Ian shared it with him; I
am not sure.

First they performed together, IM using a variety of instruments,
predominantly wind; and then Johan performed solo; then Ian performed solo

I am still not sure what I made of the collaboration - It was enjoyable and
I think there was something beginning to happen...

While all this was getting under way a bunch of males came in from the bar
and didn't stop talking. So they had to be shut up. Which they took badly.
No. Which they took childishly. "You shut up! I don't want to hear this. You
saying shut up makes more noise. You shut up." Then his mates shut him up.
Johan was perfectly clear but one of them said "What's he saying; I can't
hear what he is saying". I take it that difficulty with unexpected utterance
was expressed as inability to hear. Two thirds of the way through, a
solitary male near the front yelled at Johan "Stop, stop, stop, we've had
enough". The bulk of the audience yelled for Johan to carry on and he did.

In the interval JDW spoke to the man who had yelled "we" when he meant "I".
The man said he felt Johan was attacking him.

Poets as the unacknowledged military of the world.

Lawrence Upton's website: http://members.spree.com/sip/lizard/