Lawrence mistakes the meaning of "attack" in my message.   By "attack" I meant
"attack on prosody, on poetic subject matter, attack in fact on the whole job
of living a poet-life".  I am utterly, utterly uninterested in "attack"
defined as intervention in or creation of small-scale British poetry
internecine wars and I only hope that other listees share my distaste, as
Lawrence seems to.

For example, if Duncan's often too abrasive criticism has made any literary
opponents out there, I would find this as tiresome as the abrasive tone in
question.  Andrew has to write out of his own personality -- we all do --
that's the risk of the whole thing if, like him, you are trying to be honest.
I am not in poetry just to like other poets: things are more serious, more
broad than that. Andrew, as far as I know, is no ally of mine but the quality
of his work jumps out of the page.

Yours amicably

Doug