Hi Pierre, Ric,

I do know what you mean. I for one though, whilst not wishing such
potentially combative 'readings' on friends, would go for it. I take Ric's
tale of reading with Patten as a usefully cautionary rejoinder.

I sense that the experience might not be a comfortable one, but hey, who
wants to be comfortable all the time. The day I stop doubting what I'm
doing will be the day . . . There's nothing like the most oppositional vibe
to get one's doubts going. Communicating such doubts to an audience can
loosen up all sorts of 'feelings' and once that happens then almost
anything might happen. It's just that it's much harder work. Not being one
for the prod work ethic, that pleasure has passed me by. But i don't at all
mind getting my pinkies dirty.

I must admit that my clear preference is for strategic cross-artform
programming and being involved with that, both as curator and writer. But
then I'd guess that goes for you too?

love and love
cris