On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, cris cheek wrote:
> -   an annual gathering of the New People's Poets at Tyburn (please ammend
> your documents, this should read Woburn).

With respect, I fear the Lowestoft Middleorientist Factor has lost the
plot - forgotten, in fact, the two guilding principals which kept us in
gravy (not to mention Marge) for so long, Viz (as we northern literati
say): (a) divide n rule-r-us, and (b) make the buggers jump higher for
less crumbs. Now whilst the prospect of a big gig Picnic at Woeful Abbey
may appear to fulfil (b) and also attract major EU film-und-kulturfunding,
surely CriChek (weren't you lieut. of the XFiles?) will recognise the
inherent danger of bringing living poets (however those two words are
defined) together? Surely the first vision, Hanging Around in Tyburn was
correct.

We say: keep to established practice: promote stiffs.

RC
ACOPM