Hi here,

the ACE 'Live Literature' primer has appeared, just before this
weekend's Manchester Conference.

It's a curious publication, flagging up some very strong policy
shifts. Get one and read it, I'm not about to quote extensively.

There is also a new document on policy with respect of poetry.

One thing struck me immediately, I'm not aware of everyone
lurking here  -  so, if your name is called, please stand up and
shout  -  but few 'promoters' are listed that regularly post here
or are referenced here. Surprise surprise! But! There are many
promoters listed but few from these climes.

In the eastern region there is Peter Riley and myself. London has
John Rety, Blue Nose, Apples & Snakes, 57 Productions and so forth,
but no SVP! Neither is Nic Johnson's various promotional activities
mentioned, or the Six Towns listed.

The emphasis is most certainly away from, although not attempting to
altogether bin, the conventional poetry reading. The emphasis is
on broadcasting (including webcasting), new technology, sound & image,
but for distribution. The implications for production and for writing
in such contexts is not addressed or really taken on board, but begs
the question strongly.

I'm in the Manchester thicket and will attempt a report back next week.

love and love
cris