Is there any known example of a successful &/or interesting press, with
the poss. exception of univ. imprints, which has raised funds first then
appointed I assume some kind of committee who then appoint an editor who
then looks round for something to publish? Even the now Big Names didn't
start that way, and for a good reason: the publishing of anything but
particularly poetry is as much an individual thing as the writing of it.

In other words I'm as willing as I've ever been to subscribe to a
proposed publication but not without knowing what's proposed & by whom.
Anybody now starting up, though, should take Peter's observations on
board ... or have a go at poetry bookselling ... just for a trial period

AH