I had read with interest the statements and reactions provoked by the
Atlanta magazine's anthology and the support the British Council gave them.
This kind of things use to happen in every country. It is a kind of curse.

However, I made myself two anthologies (one of French contemporary
poets since 1940 and another of Irish contemporary poets), both translated to
Spanish. In the process of making them I've noticed that most of the
available anthologies in their original languages repeatead almost the same
names with slightly variations. The worst was that, being curious about
that situation, almost the same names came when I asked to several well
known poets to make me list of their colleagues. The only exceptions cames
from "outsiders" (poets living abroad or in far places in their countries). Fo-
llowing this new direction, I discovered a whole range of neglected names
that I included in both books. Many of them are among my favourite
choices and as far as I could noticed, among the reader's choices too.

The last British anthology I knew was "The New British Poetry. 1968-1988", edited by Allnutt, D'Aguiar, Edwards and Mottram and published
in Paladin in 1988. There are 84 poets in 360 pages. I imagine that in the
last ten years there must be new ones printed.

Saying that, I would like to know who, in the opinion of British
poets, must be put in a list for a representative British poetry anthology,
lets said since Larkin's generation until poets now in their thirties.

Jorge