On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 [log in to unmask] wrote:
> I get so distressed when British poetry hives off into small groups or acts
> snooty towards other poets, or doesn't buy each others' books. It's
> terrifically damaging, lets the British Council/Arts Council/BBC have it all
> their own way...

'sright, Doug, but as we've agreed it's always the other buggers who
started it, their lists more closed off than ours... I take it all this
high moral tone re the BritCo means that if I'm successful in getting them
to back some events on the strength of _Other_ no-one will agree to take
part? Sorry? Did I miss something?

Like Tony, my main reaction on hearing of the Atlanta Review (and the two
anthologies) was here-we-go-again. Same-as-it-ever-was indeed. So we go
on, trying, as pragmatically as possible, to put our various words out in
spite of the central culturebabble which we never wanted to be part of
anyway. So now that "Let's Make A Difference" is a tainted phrase, how
about "Let's Continue To Grumble In Our Cellars Till The Revolution
Comes"??

RC