Dear Peter, I didn't reply 1st time round because I assumed others more
qualified than I would do (I've just forwarded your mail to Fred D'Aguiar,
forinstance, who is on the list, but currently on "suspend mail" I
notice). I also assumed you had the good list produced by the Arts Council
as part of their "writers available" listing, and the other usual
resources. None of this necessarily gets either or any of us off the
"parochial" rap, but it suggests, perhaps, a case for not being so quick
to load the accusation-gun. Replying to messages is still, I hope,
voluntary.

RC