I presume that this is meant to be provocative and as such doesn't merit
response, but what the hell.

This seems to be a standard Tory rewrite of history, motivated, I think, by
fear, that the period somehow didn't happen because some of the
protagonists weren't acceptable in polite society. By which you mean
Ginsberg. Not to accept that take on Allen, let me mention a few names of
others significantly active in, influential upon, and informed by the
period, some of them rather natty dressers, who would be hard to categorize
or dismiss so easily: O'Hara, Ashberry, Spicer, Blaser, Owen, Blackburn,
Olson, Duncan, Creeley, Adam, Wieners. There are a slew of others, but
these will do for a start. I suggest that you start reading.