I was talking to Fred Beake last night about my Bloodaxe LP of
`Briggflats' which has Basil reading to the music. He says it is
not the Stream recording which is a different thing (and may not
have the music?). There must be two recordings around.

I think I heard Basil read it twice live in Newcastle nearly thirty
years ago. The time I remember well was with the music on a gramophone.
I think that was being recorded. Cant remember if it was the Morden
Tower or not, but I think it was some place bigger. I havent got a
very good memory but Basil was a lovely old man and I am pleased
to have known him.